Lancashire County Council Logo

Use the Eligibility Checker below if you are not working and receive some additional forms of government support and if you are in work and in receipt of:
  • universal credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments or,
  • tax credit, working tax credit (or both), and your household income is £16,190 a year or less before tax.
Eligible working families of 2 year old children earning over the universal and tax credits thresholds shown above can now apply at

Eligibility Checker

You will need a valid email address in order to use this eligibility checker. If you do not have an email address, you can call our Family Information Service (FIS) on 0300 123 6712 to assist you further.

To get started

  • Click on the '2 Year Old Application' link below.
  • Then click the 'Sign In or Create Account' button.
  • Fill in some basic details about yourself including your email address.
  • We will then send you a confirmation email with a link to login to your account.
  • You must login to your account to complete the application.
  • Once your account has been created you can log in at any time to view your details or to submit new applications for 2 year old funded places.

What next?

Once you have completed your application you will receive an instant result. We will also send you a letter within the next 10 days to confirm the outcome. If your child is eligible for a funded place, the letter will contain a 'golden ticket' and voucher code which your childcare provider will need to see before they can offer you a place.

The personal details that you supply will only be used for the purposes of assessing your eligibility to claim a 2 year old funded place and any other Local Authority administered entitlements that could benefit your family. 

Please note - Eligibility is based upon household income.  Parents/Carers who live in the same household must only submit one application per child (i.e. please do not submit multiple applications for each parent/carer living in the same household).  

Parents/carers who are separated will need to agree between themselves who submits the 2YO application.  

If more than 1 application is received for the same child, we will contact each applicant to request further evidence of parental responsibility.